Cavities. Wisdom teeth. Dental care can be expensive, and it may be challenging to budget for it. Nothing beats a Hollywood smile except having dental insurance to maintain that smile. If shopping for coverage is new to you and your family, we can help simplify the process.
What Dental cleaning can do for you!
- Prevent cavities – A whitish film called plaque builds up on your teeth and is the leading cause of tooth decay. Plaque eats away at the tooth enamel and, if left unattended, can lead to cavities. This acidic substance can be removed by brushing, flossing and dental cleanings.
- Stop tooth loss – With built-up plaque comes gum disease which is a major cause of tooth loss in adults. As gum disease advances, plaque moves further down the tooth where it can dismantle the supporting bone in your jaw, causing teeth to loosen and fall out. With a dental plan and good oral hygiene you can reduce this risk substantially.
- Brighten your smile – Drinking coffee, tea and wine can stain your teeth. Dental cleanings can remove built-up stains and leave you with freshly polished teeth. The result? A Hollywood smile!
- Fresh breath – Getting a cleaning is a great way to keep your mouth healthy and odor-free.
- Boost your overall health – Studies have shown a connection between oral and overall health. 1 Regular dental cleanings may help lower your risk for some diseases, like heart disease and stroke. 2 Many medical conditions, some of them life-threatening, can be detected in their early stages by your dentist during a routine oral exam. 3
1 Academy of General Dentistry, “Importance of Oral Health to Overall Health,” 2012.
2 Academy of General Dentistry, “Gum Disease Effect on Cardiovascular Health,” 2012
3 Academy of General Dentistry, “Oral Warning Signs Can Indicate Serious Medical Conditions,” 2012.